Meet the Doctors
Meet Dr. Raymond Munz
Dr. Raymond Munz is an experienced dentist who has been practicing quality dentistry for over 25 years. He is focused on providing his patients with high-tech implant and denture services and uses some of the highest quality materials available. With over 10,000 implants placed, he is one of the top implant dentists in the country.
What makes Blacksburg Denture & Implant Center extra special is Dr. Munz’s philosophy of treating patients as individuals with their own unique needs. He believes the path to the best results is through listening to each patient’s specific dental concerns, and by advising patients based on what would be best for them in the long term. Dr. Munz fully explains each procedure so that his patients understand the process ahead of time.
Education and Memberships
Dr. Munz’s degrees and credentials include:
- Bachelor’s earned from the State University of New York in Albany
- Doctorate earned from Virginia Commonwealth University
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Southwest Virginia Dental Society
- New River Valley Dental Study Club
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Dental Implant Association
- Founding member of the International Academy of Mini Dental Implants
- Fellow of the American Academy of Small Diameter Implants
- Extensive C.E. and advanced training on dental implants, mini dental implants and implant-supported dentures
- Published an article in Dentaltown Magazine on mini dental implants and denture stabilization
Dr. Munz makes an effort to reach out to his community and bring awareness to the public. Over the years he has been featured in several public service commercials, speaking against drug and alcohol abuse. He is an advocate of education on the importance of dental health and avoidance of substance abuse. He also gives out free DVDs on the subject to local schools to promote positive reinforcement and youth guidance.
Dr. Munz and his wife, Laurie, have two sons. He likes flying planes, fly fishing, and hiking.To make an appointment, call 540-739-3206 or click here to request an appointment online.